Thursday, May 21, 2009

A Journey Into Madness.

This descent to the abyss

Is not at all an unwelcome state

For my senses have never known peace such as this

It is but a fitting fate

For a mind drugged for ages with unhappiness

It did not come suddenly in a flash

My journey was like the welcomed approach of sleepiness

It came gently, gently, none too harsh

An exciting spiral through a dark tunnel

Like a pretty twister forming an earth’s funnel

With no beginning and no end

No surprising turn or bend

Just an eternity of free flying motion

With the whispering winds

Blowing away at the wings

Of my unsung sanity

I will stay here for a while

And journey on for a thousand and a mile

Until I forget all my nightmares

And the crippling fear disappears.



© ‘Kego Onyido

3 comments:

  1. May we all come home to God after the journey of madness on this earth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That journey into madness rings true but by some supernatural design, I always make my way back to the light, sometimes with some apathy, to overthrow my fears and nightmares.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes we all under take this journey, so that we can have a song of sanity and free flying emotion. Know the truth and be free!

    ReplyDelete