Sunday, August 23, 2009

Waiting For the King

My work is done here
I am free for I know no fear
I am alive and I dance in ecstacy
To the music of the heaven's choir
I leave my right hand behind
With five beautiful fingers from the King
Four gleaming swords and a sharp shapely arrow
They stand strong, tall and proud
As proof that I was here
They are the gifts I leave behind
My essence poured into the blood of their veins
You will find my laughter
Hidden in the crevices of their dimpled smiles
My pain lurking in the tears that never fall behind their silken lashes
My beauty radiating in the love that resides in their hearts
And I will always be, I will never end
Because these fingers will mould their own fingers
From the clay of our earth
And breathe life into them
Yes, my work is done here
Every breathe is but jara
I wait patiently for the coming of the King
And the glorious dance as the angels sing
In this banquet of eternal life.


© ‘Kego Onyido

No comments:

Post a Comment